Described by Forbes Magazine as Africa’s youngest billionaire, Mohammed Dewji took MeTL, his family’s company from a wholesale and retail enterprise and turned it into a multi-billion dollar pan-African conglomerate.
The 43-year old whose wealth is estimated at USD 1.5bln was kidnapped on the morning of 11 October 2018 as he arrived the Gym for his routine exercise at a major hotel in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. After a frantic search and loads of calls for his release from several quarters, he regained his freedom 9 days later.
Today, we celebrate with him and all Tanzanians by sharing with you 15 Mohammed Dewji quotes to help you succeed in life and business.
Success will always come to those that put in hard work.
2. With Shortcuts, You’ll Never Truly Appreciate Your Accomplishments in Life
3. Life is too Short to Get Derailed by People That Do Not Contribute to your Growth.
4. Never Let The Negativity of Others Affect Your Goals
5. Your Future is not Determined by your Current Circumstances. To Succeed, You Have to Get Serious and Be Consistent. Willpower is Key.
6. Always Perform Like You’ve Never Lost. Because Then, Your Actions and Attitude Will Consistently Reflect Success.
7. My Vision is to Facilitate the Development of a Poverty-Free Tanzania. A Future Where The Opportunities for Tanzanians are Limitless.
8. The Time to Invest in Africa’s Development is Now. We Need to Seize The Opportunities in Front of Us and Make It Happen.
9. Your Perception of Yourself Affects Your Ability to Envision Success. Focus on the Positive & Everything Will Eventually Fall into Place.
10. How You Manage and Embrace Chaos Will Always Be One of your Greatest Strengths.
11. You Can’t Focus When You are Impatient.
12. Too Many People are Great at Planning, But Terrible at Execution. Great Ideas Die in Notebooks.
13. When God Blesses You Financially, Don’t Raise Your Standard of Living. Raise Your Standard of Giving.
14. If I Had One Regret in this Life, It’s That I Didn’t Spend Enough Time with my Family.
15. I Have a Dream That Africa Should Have One Bloc – North to South – We Could Trade Freely. People Can Move Freely and That Makes Business Sense.
Which of these quotes from Mohammed Dewji is your best? Share with us in the comments.
#13 BEST ONE ?