First, there were 119…and now [drum roll please!] the Top 5 entries emerge for the Mrs Felicia Okonkwo’s “I Know an Amazing Nigerian Woman” Writing Competition.
It was indeed a tough call for our indefatigable judges even though they had a great time reading and drawing inspiration from the loads of amazing entries.
Now, it is time to READ and START VOTING for the Winners. You have in your hands the power to determine who walks away with our Star Prize, so it is time for you to VOTE. Remember, both the writers and the subject of the essays are winners in this Writing Competition. For a quick peep into what the prizes are, click here.
Now, let’s move forward.
In no particular order, please find below the links to the top 5 entries as selected by our distinguished panel of Judges:
1) Marion Itohan Odigie, an undergraduate student of the University of Benin, Edo state, wrote about her amazing Mum, Mrs Lovinah Odigie. Marion calls her Mum, Hercules. You would certainly want to read her story. You can find it here >>>
2) Mrs. Modupe EHIRIM, the proprietress of Hidden Treasures Bookstore and an ILO-trained business trainer, wrote about Mrs Chigozie “Gozie” Udemezue, who is impacting widows in a great way. A must-read, I tell you. You can read her story here >>>
3) Ilozumba Prisca Chinonye, a pharmacist based in Lagos, wrote about Tosyn Abisona Bucknor, a lady who has turned a health challenge into an opportunity to impact others as well as enlighten the society. Don’t go anywhere until you have read her story here >>>
4) Jameelah Yusuf, A student at Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto, wrote about Aisha Umar, a strong lady who pushed into unfamiliar territory for the female gender and is inspiring women to do more. This is the future. You can’t miss it . Read all about Aisha here >>>
5) Igbinedion Kingsley Osaro, a 500 Level student of the University of Ibadan, wrote about his Super-Mum, Mrs Tomilola Omesu, who has taken step-motherhood to another level. Feel the palpable love oozing from Son to Mother as you can read her story here >>>
So, it is over to you.
Arise Now!!!! Get voting by clicking the Facebook Like button on either the top or bottom of your best entries. The 3 entries with the most likes by 12 Noon on 30th November, 2014, will be the Winners of this Writing Competition, and they will be announced by 5 pm on 30th November, 2014.