Style is the overall look, the effect that putting clothes together into a full outfit creates. This is the area of fashion where copying another’s look is disappointing because it doesn’t have the same effect on you. Stylish people know their own body and how to dress it.
Here are the top ten things you need to remember every time, when it comes to fashion.
1. Avoid ill-fitting clothes such as clingy clothes. They tend to create bulges or layers of fat. Go for clothes that fit. Too-big or too-small clothes look terrible. Avoid ill-fitting underwear, which is evident over your top or dress. Old underclothes create a sagging effect, which looks absolutely horrendous. Do buy the correct size of underwear, and maintain it properly.
2. It all comes down to the basics. Go for comfort. You can wear a good pair of jeans, have jewellery that you can mix and match each day, wear a scarf as a belt, wear basic clothes in unusual ways, use a brooch on a ribbon as a choker, and wear a long necklace or a scarf as a bracelet. Less is more; don’t wear bold colours, metallics, animal print and retro glamour all at once.
3. Go for a look that suits you, and your image. We don’t need to say this twice. Your clothes should reflect your own personal style. Accessorize well to look really great.
4. Contrast the shapes and sizes. If you’re wearing a tight top, don’t wear a tight pair of trousers; go for a slightly loose pair. The idea is to look unique.
5. Put in splashes of colour. Go for colourful clothes; get colours that look good on you. Play around with reds and yellows and blues.
6. Never make the mistake of buying something that is in fashion, but does not suit you. Chances are you’ll look ghastly, and the purchase will be so not worth it. Remember that your fashion should complement your look and your personality.
7. Your shoes and your bag are the first things that people will notice about you. Often a great outfit is ruined because of tacky shoes, or a shabby bag. Invest in good brands, and you won’t regret it.
8. Dress appropriately for the occasion. Don’t wear jeans to a formal function; similarly, don’t wear something overtly revealing to an office party. Be sure of what you’re wearing, and you must create the right kind of impression, not a negative one.
9. Lastly, accessorize all your outfits with lots of attitude. The right accessories can make all the difference .Scarf, bracelet, belt, cocktail ring and a set of jewellery used appropriately adds sparkle and colour and can bring an outfit together just right. So wear your clothes with panache! Your style will show right through.
10. Always wear a smile. It’s your best asset.
follow on twitter at typearls